2015 City Budget: Public Consultations and Public Feedback
The City of Ottawa has finalized key dates for the 2015 budget timetable and public consultations. For planning purposes, Council has directed a maximum 2% tax increase.
Draft budgets for 2015 (operating, capital, and budgets for Standing Committees, Police, Transit, Public Health, Library, Crime Prevention and Committee of Adjustment) were tabled with City Council on Wednesday, 4 February. Council will consider final budget recommendations on Wednesday, 11 March 2015.
Opportunities for resident input and public consultation on the budget are as follows:
- Online via email sent to email@example.com
- Via Twitter by using hashtag #ottbudget
- In person at one of four public consultations:
- Central – Monday 9 February, 7:00—9:00 pm, Ottawa City Hall, Andrew S. Haydon Hall.
- West – Tuesday 10 February, 7:30—9:30 pm, Holy Trinity Catholic High School, 180 Katimavik Road, Kanata
- South – Wednesday 11 February, 7:00—9:00 pm, Nepean Sportsplex, Hall A, 1701 Woodroffe Ave., Nepean
- East – Thursday, 12 February, 7:30—9:30 pm, Shenkman Arts Centre, 245 Centrum Boulevard, Orléans
- In person at public meetings of Standing Committees of Council, Transit Commission, Police Services Board, Library Board and Board of Public Health.
Meetings will be held between 17 February and 5 March, 2015 at in the Champlain Room at Ottawa City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West.
See the City’s website for committee meeting dates.
The draft budget for services supported by water and sewer rates will be considered by the Environment Committee at the same time as the Committee’s tax-supported budget when it meets on Tuesday, 17 February, 2015.